Fire-breathing volcanoes, sun-drenched seaside, bold Nero d’Avolo wines, stately Baroque cathedrals, Aztec chocolate, picturesque vineyards – Sicily is pure magic. Positioned at the crossroads of Africa, the Middle East and Europe, and steeped in millennia of history, the island bursts with a medley of cultures, architecture, diverse cuisine and dramatic scenery. Biking across this diverse land brings it to life. And gelato has never tasted this good!
- Dramatic cycling along the Ionian coast, along volcano Mt. Etna, through rolling vineyards, past canyon valleys and down back-country lanes
- Strolling through Syracuse’s ancient historical center (with a chocolate granita in hand)
- Refreshing swims in sparkling sea at exotic Marzememi
- Relax over a glass of Nero d’Avola wine in Noto’s historical city center
- Learn to cook traditional Sicilian dishes on a small farm
- Breathtaking views from Taormina’s Greek Theater
- A rustic tradition of homemade farm-fresh cooking throughout!