Friendly locals, farm-fresh cuisine, spectacular scenery and the sparkling Mediterranean sea await us in Puglia, one of the undiscovered jewels of southern Italy.
Farmers, fishermen and housewives are our guides and our hosts. Enjoy the simple beauty of their ancient olive orchards & stone farmhouses, or the splendor of the region’s Baroque cathedrals, Byzantine mosaics and eclectic villas. In the evenings, indulge in home-made southern meals, excellent wines, and- if the mood is right- some Pugliese folk songs and dancing.
- 9 days cycling along sun-drenched countryside, sparkling blue sea and splendid baroque cities
- Lunch with the family of an olive-farmer
- Overnignt in beautifully-restored 6th-century stone dwellings
- Relaxing over a glass of Primitivo near Otranto’s cast
- Motorboat visit to the Adriatic sea caves
- Authentic southern cooking class- begun by hand-making pasta or hand-picking tomatoes ourselves
- Visiting the trulli town of Alberobello, a UNESCO-heritage site